W. Jayne Attorney Class of 1900
|The following individuals were inducted into the Hall of Fame at the Reunion Banquet on August 19, 2000:|
Biographical sketches of each of the honorees follows:
James T. Botticelli , M.D. - graduated from FHS in 1948. Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Notre Dame in 1952, Doctor of Medicine from Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois in 1955. Residency in Internal Medicine at Milwaukee County General Hospital in 1958 and Chief Resident in 1961. Also in 1961, he was Chairman of the "Extracorporeal Hemodialysis Team" at Milwaukee General Hospital. . He was Professor of Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (Marquette School of Medicine) from 1961 until retirement. American Heart Association: Research Fellow, Advance Research Fellow, Area President of Wisconsin Affiliate, and member of Board of Directors of Wisconsin Affiliate. Co-Chairman, Committee on Guidelines, and planning standards for Cardiac Catheterization and Open Heart surgery program, State of Wisconsin, Department of Health and Social Services 1970-1978, Chief of Medicine and Cardiology, Deaconess Hospital, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Commissioned as First Lieutenant, U. S. Air Force Reserve in 1955. Served as Air National Guard assistant to the Strategic Air Command Surgeon. He retired from the Air National Guard as a Brigadier General in 1986. Dr. Botticelli received the "Outstanding Physician Award" from the Wisconsin Heart Association, the "Distinguished Service Award" for aiding in the development of Family Practice Residency programs in Wisconsin from the Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians.
Max G, Botticelli, M.D. - graduated from FHS in 1949. Bachelor of Science degree from Michigan State University in 1952. Doctor of Medicine from Wayne State University in 1956. He served his internship at Queens Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii. Fellow in Internal Medicine at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota and was Board Certified in 1963. He then spent two years in the U.S. Army Medical Corps before returning to Honolulu, Hawaii. He practiced Internal Medicine until 1985. Dr. Botticelli joined the University of Hawaii's John A. Burns School of Medicine in 1971 as an Associate Professor of Medicine in addition to his private practice. In 1986 he was made Professor of Medicine and became Chairman of the Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Hawaii Medical School in 1992. He has been Chairman of the Medical Education Committee; Associate Program Director, Primary Care Track, University of Hawaii Integrated Medical Residency Program; Director, Queen Emma Clinic; and Program Director, University of Hawaii Integrated Medical Residency Program.
Dwight A. "Baldy" Lee- graduated from FHS in 1944. Entered the Army Air Corps directly form high school, serving as a B-17 and B-25 pilot in World War II. Attending Western Michigan University in 1951. He was recalled to active duty in Korea and flew over 800 hours of combat missions. He later served in various commands in Thailand and Laos during the Vietnam War. Upon returning to the United States, he was sent to the University of Southern California to study high-speed aerodynamics. Subsequently, he was assigned to the Military Air Transport (MATS). In 1970, he became Chief of Special Air Missions for the 89th Military Aircraft Wing and as such was in charge of all White House, State Department and Congressional flights. He flew many of these missions himself, including "Air Force One". President Ford awarded him the Meritorious Service Medal and promoted him to Colonel, U. S. Air Force. Colonel Lee retired from the Air Force and worked in Beirut, Lebanon, for a Middle East airline as a B-707 Captain. He later moved to Florida and was employed by Saudi Airlines as Manager of Flight Training. Colonel Lee then helped form Orion Airlines, an all-cargo carrier. When Orion Air was sold in 1969, he became Vice President of Operations and consultant for Gulf Air. His wife Joann and seven children survive Colonel Lee.
Alton Garwood "Fuzz" Marshall - graduated from FHS in 1938. Bachelor of Arts degree and Honorary Doctor of Public Service and Business Management from Hillsdale College. Master of Science in Public Administration and Honorary Doctor of Law degree from Syracuse University. President and Director of Rockefeller Center, Inc. 1971-1981, served as Chairman of the Boards of Rockefeller Center Management Corporation, Rockefeller Center Development Corporation, Radio City Music Hall Productions, Inc. Member of Board of Directors of New York State Electric & Gas Corporation, Appointed Secretary to the Governor of the State of New York under Nelson A. Rockefeller. Serves on the Board of the New York Racing Association; Association of Better New York and Public Health Research Institute of the City of New York, and is a former Chairman of the Board of City Center of Music and Drama, Inc.
Deanne Moore - graduated from FHS in 1980. Bachelor of Science in Health Education, Michigan State University in 1985. Bachelor of Science in Medicine/Physician Assistant, Western Michigan University in 1990. She has been employed by the Blue Care Network-Health Central in Lansing, Michigan as a Physician Assistant from 1990 to the present. Ms. Moore played on the Michigan State University Softball from 1981-1985. During this period she was selected at First Team Academic All-American in both 1983 and 1984: First Team All-American in 1983; Second Team All-American in 1984; MSU Alderton Athlete of the Year in 1984; Athlete of the Decade for Softball at MSU 1982-1992; member of the Silver Medal Pan Am Team at Caracas, Venezuela in 1983; member of the World Champion Softball Ream, Auckland, New Zealand in 1984; MSU Athletic Hall of Fame in 1999; and Genesee County Hall of Fame in 1999.
Donald R. Shepherd- graduated from FHS in 1954. Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Michigan in 1958. Mr. Shepherd has had a distinguished career in Investment Management for over 37 years. He served as CEO of Loomis, Sayles and Co., one of the nations largest money management firms. He personally managed many of the firm's largest accounts and for his efforts received national recognition. He retired in 1995 and moved to Rancho Santa Fe, California. He has contributed over ten million dollars to the University of Michigan for various projects in music, athletics and business. He serves on three of the University's advisory committees and is an honorary member of the M Club. His most recent effort has been the building of a 22,000 square foot Womans Gymnastics training facility. Mr. Shepherd has served as a board member/trustee with three local non-profit organizations in California and he also serves on the Board of Directors for Dennys Restaurants; Geneva Steel; and Seabulk International.
Nancy H. Stockham - graduated from FHS in 1949. She received her Bachelor's degree from Alma College in 1954. From 1952-1954, she served on Michigan Governor G. Mennen Williams' Commission on Migratory Laborers. In 1953, Ms. Stockham was director of casework and fieldwork for Alma College. From November 1953 to July 957, she served as program director of the Union Avenue Settlement House in Chicago, Illinois. In 1961 she entered the field of public assistance with Genesee County (Michigan) Welfare Department. Ms. Stockham worked as a medical social worker at several Genesee County hospitals until 1971 when she became a caseworker with the Friend of the Court and continued in that capacity until her retirement in 1989. She is a founder of the Fenton Area Resource and Referral organization (FARR) and is now in her 36th year as a social worker for the City of Fenton.
|The following individuals were inducted into the Hall of Fame at the Reunion Banquet on August 23, 2003:|
Robert G. Harris Class of 1941
Mark Stevens Knapp, M.D. Class of 1891
Dr. Mary Shepherd Slusser Class of 1936
John Vincent Harrison Class of 1946
Lowell Newton Class of 1951
Nelson I. "Bud" Curtis Class of 1950
Biographical sketches of each of the honorees follows:
Dr. Robert G. Harris - graduated from Fenton High School in 1941. Received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Mathematics from Michigan State University, a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School, and a Doctor of Philosophy in Higher Education from Michigan State University. He retired as a Lieutenant Colonel from the United States Marine Corps after twenty four years of service, during which he distiquished himself in several areas. Most notably he was one of four officers and eight enlisted Marines who conceived, developed and combat tested an All Weather Close Support Radar Bombing system which became an intregal part of Marine and Navy aviation. The combat evaluation was conducted with the 1st Marine Division in Korea. He was cited on two occasions for his outstanding performance of duty. He served as Chief of the Missile Science Division of the U.S. Army's Air Defense School at Fort Bliss, Texas for which he was awarded the Army's Commendation Medal. Later, he served with distinction with the Marine Corps Development Center and the Advanced Research Project Agency in the Department of Defense. Following retirement from military service, he was the founding President of Johnson County Community College in the Kansas City area, which was soon recognized as one of the leading community colleges in the Nation. He later served as President of Middlesex County College, the largest community college in the State of New Jersey. Returning to his hometown in 1980, Harris established the Harris Financial Corporation which provides investments, mortgages and other finanacial services. He remains a co-owner of the three generation family business. Harris, who first joined Rotary in 1968, was one of the founding members of the Fenton Rotary Club, serving as its President in 1999.
MARK STEVENS KNAPP, M.D. - graduated from Fenton High School in 1891. Graduated from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor in 1895 with a Bachelor of Science degree. In 1898, he received his M.D. from U of M. Postgraduate work took place at of U of Mk Chicago Polyclinic Institute, Detroit Medical College at Harper Hospital and in New York. In 1898, he returned to Fenton to assist his father Dr. Leonard E. Knapp, in his practice. The next year he establish his own practice in Flint. He entered public service in Flint in 1899, elected health officer for the city. He served as the President of the Advisory Board of the hospital for many years and on the advisory board of Women's Hospital. In 1920, he became a fellow in the American College of Physicians. After 35 years of practicing in Flint, he retired in 1934. He was then appointed Executive Secretary and Director of Medical Research for the Horace H. and Mary A. Rackham Foundation. Moving to Ann Arbor, he made surveys in fields of research in social science, character building, child welfare and health and medical research. In 1935, the H. H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies at U of M was funded for both the construction of the Rackham Building and t endow associated research projects. During his time with the fund, a $t200,000 grant was given to build the Fenton Community Center, as well as a grant to build the Fenton Fire Hall and a grant to the First Presbyterian Church of Fenton. In 1936, retiring and returning to Fenton, he established a year-round home at Mantawauka Landing at Lake Fenton, turning it into a garden showplace. He joined with others to change the name of Long Lake (there were 106 in the State) to Lake Fenton, which was accomplished that year.
Dr. Mary Shepherd Slusser - graduated from Fenton High School in 1936. In 1942 she received her B.A. in anthropology from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. From 1942-45, she accomplished graduate studies in fine arts at the Institute of Fine Arts, New York University, followed by graduate studies in archaeology at Harvard University from 1946-47. In 1950 she received her PhD in anthropology and archaeology from Columbia University in New York. From 1950-51, she was professor at the Department of Anthropology and Sociology at the University of Puerto Rico and a participant in the White House Conference on Children and Youth. From 1951-54, she was an analyst of socio-anthropological problems in the Far East and Latin America, Bureau of Intelligence Research, Department of State, while living in Vietnam and Laos. The next five years she was involved in the research of Byzantine art in Belgrade, Yugoslavia. This was followed by three years of anthropological research in Guinea, West Africa. The next six years were spent in art historical and cultural field research in Nepal, where she collected ethnographic materials for the Smithsonian Institution, as well as travel and study in India, Sri Lanka and other parts of Asia. From 1971-1994, she was an independent scholar doing research, writing and lecturing on Nepal-related subjects. She did field research in Nepal, served as curatorial assistant for the Museum of African Art and planned and administered an international symposium on African art for the National Academy of Sciences. Dr. Slusser has received numerous honors and awards for her work and in a member of various professional associations. She speaks and reads Nepali, French, Spanish and Serbo-Croatian and a working knowledge of Sanskrit. She has published tow books, numerous articles and has lectured throughout the world.
John Vincent Harrison - graduated from Fenton High School in 1946. Following graduation, he enlisted in the U.S. Army and was assigned to occupation duties in Korea until 1948. He enrolled in the University of Detroit, earning two varsity letters in baseball and graduating with honors. At FHS, Harrison was on of the finest athletes, earning 11 varsity letters in baseball, football, basketball and track. He received Genesee County B All Conference awards and All State honorable mention in many of those sports. Harrison was Chief Executive Officer of Madison United Corporation and JVH Enterprises for 12 years. In the field of career management and outplacement counseling, he generated accounts with major firms including Kraft Foods, Baxter International, Sears Roebuck, Quaker Oats, General Mills, Mobile Oil, TWA and numerous others, embracing more than 2,100 clients. He co-concised, developed and implemented the Hourly Personnel Outplacement Program concept in 1980, which currently produces $85 to $100 million annually in the consulting industry field. Harrison devoted 14 years of increasing managerial capacities with the international operations of the Ford Motor Company, General Electric and Pfizer International in Europe, Latin America and New York City. He developed and implemented the Manpower Planning Concept at Pfizer International in New York City, comprising 29 country markets employing more than 21,000 personnel worldwide. Harrison is a commissioned lay minister in the Catholic Church, with various spiritual ministries including: Spiritual Director in the Christ Renews in his parish program, Minister of Care to hospitals and health care centers and Minister of Consolation for parish funeral services. He is membership chairman of Chicago for Legatus International.
Lowell Newton - graduated from FHS in 1951 and earned a master of arts in communications from Michigan State University. During high school, Newton was involved in band, football, the Tiger Tales publication and the 1951 Fentonian yearbook. From 1953-57, he served in the U.S. Air Force. He was an announcer for the Michigan State University Marching Band. During his career in broadcast news, he worked at radio and television stations in Flint, East Lansing and Clovis, Alburquerque and Las Cruces, N.M. From 1967-86, he was with WXYZ-Radio and TV-Detroit, serving as a radio reporter and newscaster, later as a reporter, anchorman and Editorial Director of Channel 7, Detroit where he was known for delivering well-crafted editorials. As a broadcaster, Newton was the recipient of an Emmy, Associated Press awards and a Detroit Press Club award. He reported NASA’s Project Apollo testing in New Mexico, the 1967 race riot in Detroit, a tidal wave in Honolulu and an Air Florida plane crash in Washington, D.C. One of the highlights of career occurred while vacationing in Rome, Italy in 1981. He was in St. Peter’s Square when the attempted assassination on Pope John Paul II took place by would-be assassin Mehmet Ali Agca. Newton’s on-site reporting was broadcast internationally. His photo of a man, other than Agca, leaving the shooting scene with a gun was key evidence of an organized conspiracy. So crucial was this evidence and his reportorial expertise at the scene that the Italian government flew him back to Rome for depositions in Agca’s attempted murder case. Newton died on February 28, 2000. He wrote his obituary, saying on one else would get it right. It concluded with “…boy, farm kid, soldier, reporter-writer, son, husband , father, friend. As you may imagine, I didn’t leave willingly- but I leave knowing I lived among true friends during great times. I will never forget you.”
I. “Bud” Curtis - graduated with the Fenton High School
class of 1950. He attended C.S. Mott Community College in Flint and then
entered the U.S. Army, serving in the Korean Conflict. Curtis was a Fenton
City Councilman from 1973-1979, serving as Mayor Pro-Tem, and was a member
of the Board of Review. He was instrumental in the founding of Fenton
Community Hospice, now expanded and based in Flint. Curtis was deeply
interested in anything that concerned his hometown; he was an active member
of the Fenton High School Alumni Association and was responsible for the
establishment of the Fenton High School Hall of Fame. He was an active
member of the Fenton United Methodist Church and its Men’s Club.
He became involved in the church clown ministry under the name of “Mr.
Green Bean”. Curtis was involved in the Detroit Conference of United
Methodist Men’s Missions, as well as being a member of the National
Association of United Methodist Evangelists. He became involved with the
Society of St. Andrew (SOSA) Potato Project for feeding the needy 14 years
ago, donning a “Bud the Spud” potato-related costume to promote
awareness of hunger. He promoted numerous fund-raisers for his project.
He led the United Methodist Men of the Detroit Conference and beyond to
sponsor his effort to wipe out hunger. The Society of St. Andrew’s
2002 annual report was dedicate to the memory of Nelson Curtis. At the
Annual National Convention in Nashville, Tennessee in March 2003, the
first of what is to become an annual award, the “Bud the Spud Meals
of Millions Award” was given in memory of Curtis for his tireless
efforts to eliminate hunger in the USA. The motto of his ministry was
“feeding hungry people, feeding hungry souls.”
Russell D. Haddon, Class of 1932
Dorothy G. Shepherd Payer, Class of 1935
Robert J. Dery, Class of 1943
Charles Butcher, Class of 1945
Russell Vangilder, Class of 1953
Biographical sketches of each of the honorees follows:
Russell D. Haddon, Class of 1932 - A World War II veteran of the U.S. Navy, Russ received his undergraduate degree from Eastern Michigan University and his Master's in Education from the University of Michigan. He served as a teacher at FHS and then principal/superintendent of Lake Fenton High School, developing junior and senior high and community education during his 16 years of service. He then served Holly Area Schools for 12 years, starting community education there. Russ was the first director of the Fenton Community Center, served on the Village of Fenton Council, Holly Township Planning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals. Russ has owned and operated Haddon Nursery Inc. since 1950, setting up his 80-acre farm adjacent to Seven Lakes State Park as a conservancy. A founding member of the Fenton Village Players since 1939, his $250,000 donation toward a theater in memory of his wife, Sibyl, spearheaded the development of the Fenton Area Cultural Center. Russ is active at St. Jude Episcopal Church as a member of the vestry. He has also been a member of the Kiwanis Clubs of Fenton, Holly and Lake Fenton.
Dorothy G. Shepherd Payer, Class of 1935 - Dorothy started working at age 14 to earn money for college. She received both her undergraduate art degree and her Master's degree in Oriental Civilizations from the University of Michigan. She specialized in Islamic Art while on an undergraduate scholarship, setting the stage for her long career as an internationally-recognized authority on ancient Near Eastern and Islamic art and medieval textiles. She served in London and Luxembourg in the Office of War Information for the Monuments, Fine Arts and Archives Division of the U.S. Military Government in Germany, recovering works of art hidden during World War II. She was curator of textiles for Cooper Union Museum in New York and served the Cleveland Museum of Art for over 34 years, first as associate curator and then as chief curator. During this time she received several fellowships and a Ford Foundation grant to research Hispano-Islamic textiles in Spain. Dorothy learned numerous languages, including Arabic, to support her exploration of textiles and became a frequent lecturer both in the U.S. and abroad as well as an author of numerous articles and papers and a three-volume publication on medieval textiles. She and her husband, Austrain architect Ernest Payer, traveled extensively pursuing the arts.
Robert J. Dery , Class of 1943 - "Bob" Dery received both his Bachelor's and his Master's degrees in School Administration from Michigan State University. Upon returning from World War II, where he served in the U.S. Navy, he taught in Eaton Rapids for 3 years, then returned to Fenton. After teaching for two years at Fenton High School, he joined his father-in-law, Horace W. Hitchcock, in the family insurance business. Bob worked as an independent insurance agent for 42 years. He was one of the founding members of the Fenton High School Alumni Association, serving as the chair for many years, and was instrumental in starting the H.W. Hitchcock and Joan Hitchcock Dery Scholarships for the association. A life-long, active member of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, Bob was an usher and a member of Fenton Knights of Columbus Council No. 7413. He was a long-time member of Fenton Kiwanis, Fenton XX Club, Fenton Jaycees and the Fenton Community Fund Board of Directors. Bob was a member of the Fenton Community Center Board of Governors as well as on the Board of Directors of The State Bank of Fenton for 29 years, serving as Chair of that board for 5 terms. He was a member of the city of Fenton Planning Commission, the Election Commission and the Board of Review. He was also active in Fenton Little League.
Charles H. Butcher , Class of 1945 - Charles served in the European theater during World War II as a flight engineer in the U.S. Army Air Force. He earned a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering at the University of Michigan in 1954. He worked in the experimental engineering department at Buick Motor division of General Motors in Flint. There, he invented the hollow stem poppet valve to enable high horsepower capability. He then worked for Universal Marion Corporation, where he patented a stabilizer unit for a mobile crane apparatus and a guide roll assembly for a telescopic boom. He has also worked at Koehring Company as the chief engineer and manager of engineering operations, and then started his own business: C.B. Butcher Consultants. He is a highly regarded engineering consultant in product safety and liability, design, research and development and quality control, often being called as an expert witness in State and Federal courts across the country. He is a columnist and the author of many articles and papers on safety and technical issues. He has been active in civic organizations, including serving as an alderman, a member of the Police and Fire Commission and on the local Chamber of Commerce in Delafield, Wisconsin. He belongs to the Lion's Club International and is a life member of the National Rifle Association. He is a life member of the VFW and Commander of Post 11 53 in Charlevoix, Michigan. He is also a member of the American Legion and a former Commander of Post 226.
Russell H. Vangilder , Class of 1953 - Russ is a grocery business success story. He started working at Comber & Fox as a carryout boy as a teen, later purchased the store and built a grocery empire - VG's Food Center, Inc., which includes 14 stores. After graduating from Fenton High School, he entered the U.S. Navy, serving for two years, then transferred to the University of Michigan-Flint from which he earned a Bachelor's degree in business. Russ had a goal - not to build many stores, but to build and operate the BEST stores offering the highest quality and customer service. Through the Community Share Program that he instituted, VG's Food Centers regularly give back to the communities in which they serve. He has served as a Director, an Officer and as Chairman of the Board of Spartan Stores, Inc. Additionally, he has served as Director and Chairman of the Board of both The State Bank of Fenton and Fentura Financial, Inc. He has been a Director of the Davison State Bank. Additionally, Russ has been recognized as an alumnus of U of M-Flint and by the Michigan State Grocers Association. VG's continues to operate with second generation family members. VanGilder reaches out to the community, hiring many young people who later come back as adults saying they got their start at VG's.
Bryson D. Horton, Class of 1890
Charlotte M. Morehouse, Class of 1933
Paul Bottecelli, Class of 1939
William Allen Hagood Class of 1949
Gary Duehring, Class of 1967
Biographical sketches of each of the honorees follows:
Bryson D. Horton - Graduated from FHS in 1890. He received a B.S. in engineering from the U of Michigan in 1895. In 1897, he was assistant engineer for the Detroit Park & Boulevard Commission. He joined the U.S. Navy and was chief electrician in the U.S.S. Yosemite during the Spanish-American War. He returned to Detroit, as chief engineer for the Detroit Public Lighting Commission. In 1900, he was an engineer for Phelps, Dodge & Company at its copper melting plants in Morenci, AZ. Two years later, he and James B. McCarthy, started the McBride Manufacturing Co. in Detroit. He organized Detroit Fuse & Manufacturing Company, serving as president. In 1903, he founded the Square D Manufacturing Company in Detroit, producing an enclosed "safety" switch, which he invented. He is the inventor of the arc less electric fuse. He was the Board chairman for the Horace and Mary (Horton) Rackham Trust Fund, when they funded the building of the Fenton Community Center. His 700-acre estate, "The Hickories," is now the site of the Great Lakes National Cemetery.
Charlotte M. Morehouse - Graduated from FHS in 1933. Charlotte received a B.A. (Phi Beta Kappa) in sociology from the U of Michigan in 1938. She worked as a social worker in the Flint area 1938-42. In 1942, she was commissioned into the Womenís Army Corps (WAC). She served as a WAC in the army until 1946, attaining the rank of major. Her last assignment was at the Pentagon, where she had the duty and privilege of hand-carrying General Eisenhowerís file through the retirement procedure and documentation. In 1948, she received a masterís degree from the School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University. She was appointed as a foreign affairs political and intelligence research analyst at the Department of State in Washington, D.C. She continued to serve in Middle Eastern Affairs.
Paul Bottecelli - Graduated from FHS in 1939. He received a degree in pharmacy from Ferris State University. He operated Fenton Drug Company and later Ideal Pharmacy, in Fenton, expanding to five stores in the Fenton/Flint area. During World War II, he served as a medic in the U.S. Army in Africa and Italy and was awarded the Bronze Star. He was a charter member of the Fenton Junior Chamber of Commerce. In 1960, he was appointed to the Fenton Village Council. During his tenure, Fenton received cityhood. He was the second mayor of the city, serving two terms. He worked to establish Silver Lake Park. He served two terms as City Councilman; He served as a director of The State Bank for 27 years. He is a lifetime active member of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church.
William Allen Hagood -
Graduated from FHS in 1949. He served in the U.S. Marine Crops. He is president of Tri-County Mobile Home, Inc., in Vienna, Ohio, retailer of manufactured housing and is manager of more than 200 manufactured home communities across Ohio. He served on; Township Commission for eight years and the Board of Education 12 years. He initiated a football program for Mathews High School and the building of its sports complex. He was a member of; the Vienna Township Volunteer Fire Department, serving as captain for several years; the Greater Warren Chamber of Commerce; the board of directors of Cortland Savings & Banking and the board of directors of the Ohio Manufactured Housing Association, serving as president for nine years.
Gary Duehring - Graduated from FHS in 1967. Gary holds a doctorate degree in hospital administration from Columbia Southern University, a masterís degree in Health Care Administration from Central Michigan University, where he was on the Deanís List, and a bachelorís degree in business administration, summa cum laude from the University of Michigan. He has been a frequent speaker in Washington, D.C. on issues of patient care quality in medical imaging, and proponent of Federal Minimum Standards for practitioners. He was invited to the Clinton/Gore White House, to participate in an open forum on health care issues. He introduced the CARE Act into the 107th Congress, his bill being introduced by Sen. Ted Kennedy. In 2008, he was appointed as advisor to the FDA Center for Devices/Radiological Health. He is a founding member of Michigan Health Care Workforce Development Coalitions. He has given 52 lectures in the state of Michigan and has been published 60 times.